Gal Force Maya was a cosy winner for us at York yesterday and returned a generous 10/1, another one today would nicely bolster our betting banks ahead of next week's action.
As we said in the email there will be no selections now until day one of Royal Ascot as tomorrow's rated race has only six declared and there is nothing of any interest on Monday.
So, let's get down to the action...
the team at Cleeve
Sandown 14:15 - Coral Play 'Racing-Super-Series' For Free Handicap
- Blue For You has switched from Dermot Weld to David O’Meara and has just had one run for the new stable over 7.5 furlongs
- His best win was over a mile and a return to this trip should suit
- The going will also suit, and the booking of Tom Marquand is significant in my view
- He is far too big a price and the trainer’s knack of improving horses which switch is another big plus
- His main threats will probably come from Encouraged and Ouzo
York 14:35 - JCB Handicap
- Azano is another horse at a big price, but he is very consistent and has has won or placed in 13 of 24 races
- He has only won three of those, but even if he places the returns will be generous
- His decent young rider’s claim puts him 5lbs below his last winning mark
- A lot of his runs have been at a higher class than this (he has won at Group 3 and Listed level) and the drop to this level should see him in the mix
- Main threats are the in-form Boardman (looks way too short), Lion Tower and Maywake
York 15:40 - Pavers Foundation Catherine Memorial Sprint Handicap (Heritage Handicap)
- Admiral D is a huge price, but that is a real surprise to me – as many of you will know I do my analysis and make selections before looking at the prices and I was left with two horses – Admiral D and Ingra Tor
- Admiral D will pay more for a place that Ingra Tor would for winning, so hence he is the selection
- He has switched stables and had a run over 7 furlongs for Richard Fahey and the drop back to six will certainly suit
- Admiral D won a decent race at Naas very comfortably last season and just a repeat of that form would see him go close
- Main threats Ingra Tor, Harry Three and Resilience