Cedre Bleu continued the theme of horses not being fully fit and confirms my view that selections should be delayed until the morning of racing. He ran well enough and looked to be coming with a challenge before being hampered three out and then blundering two out and that ended his challenge. We will give… Read full selection
Archives for November 2013
Irish Saint was not fully fit and fell when weakening today and the race was won by the enterprising Timmy Murphy on Ifandbutwhynot. I am actually thinking of putting our selections for the National Hunt season out in the morning rather than the evening before to enable me to read trainers comments and allow for… Read full selection
A decent days racing at Newbury but small fields are again disappointing. I analysed three races but have settled for a single selection in the main race of the day which used to be known as the Gerry Feilden Hurdle.
I have decided to put out a selection for the Hennessy Gold Cup as I think there will be further major defections before the weekend. There is a fair chance of Cape Tribulation and Katenko coming out of the race and if those two and any others come out our selection is likely to drop… Read More
The losing run continued with Hammersly Lake falling when in touch two out which adds to recent frustrations; however I think we will have at least two winners tomorrow so fingers crossed etc. An excellent days racing tomorrow with top class action from Ascot and Haydock. It is disappointing that the two big races at… Read full selection
Unfortunately it looked like Greyfriar’s Drummer was on a training run today and that was reflected in his odds this morning which ranged from 6/1 -12/1. I had planned to have a couple of bets at Haydock on Friday but field sizes of 4 and 5 in the 1.20 and 1.55 mean there is little… Read full selection
Hopefully we can get back on the winning trail with one selection at Market Rasen tomorrow.
I have decided to put out our ante post selections for the Betfair Chase run this Saturday and for the King George run on Boxing Day, as one result will have a direct bearing on the prices for the second race. Unusually I have selected the same horse for both races, but I am confident… Read More
A poor day on Saturday and I am annoyed at deserting John’s Spirit which I had intended to back all week. We can recover losses by getting the winner of the Greatwood Hurdle at Cheltenham tomorrow.
Two third places on Friday but low impact; however on Saturday I think we have an opportunity for big profits with selections in three races at Cheltenham at big odds. Nick is attending to cheer on our share in Supreme Bailerina in the last and I am gutted not to be there – a runner… Read full selection